Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ellis Court, I'll miss you.

Today for the last time, I walked up the wooden steps to the green front door, inserted the key into its gold plated hole, and turned the knob. Bittersweet is the word. Happiness beyond my wildest imagination is all that I can feel. And yet, this sweet three story home with two dogs, a front porch swing, and four children that have become my world, will be dearly missed. I stood there for just a minute to breathe before allowing my last entrance through that door to pass too quickly.
"This is it" I thought quietly. Next week, a mere two and a half days from now, I'm going to be working from home again, and this time, the home is ours. I felt today's warm breeze hug me and know that this change is good.
Life is coming quickly. I want to embrace it. Love it. So for now, Goodbye Ellis Court, I'll be by to visit again someday.

3 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Sweet .... are you going to start working from your new home on Monday? C-o-o-o-l!!! Can't wait for you to come pick up Whale's things....LOL.

Love you!

ancient one said...

You two will probably be so tired by the time the wedding gets here... At least a week on a cruise will fix a lot of that ... I'm getting excited for you and Whale... Love ya!!

ancient one said...

The wedding today was so, so, pretty. Lots of planning and thought and you included everyone. I love you and Whale! Have a wonderful Honeymoon!!