Tuesday, March 22, 2011

reminiscing

I've devoted today to laundry, homework, and cleaning up closets (after all it is Spring!!!). I've already gotten some laundry out of the way and snuck in a little kitchen cleaning while Avery skyped Nana and Paw Paw at the beach... :) While playing with my sweet growing boy this morning I was able to get some things put away from winter and it made me reminisce. I don't want this to be a sad post although my heart has a bit of bitter-sweetness lingering from memories of my 5lb. 15oz. baby doll I carried home from the hospital. So, in order to keep this light and happy I'll share the AMAZING changes we've been through in the last (short) two months of our lives.

-Avery is walking more and more every day. Today he showed off for Paw Paw and Nana by walking across the living room (with the assistance of his dinosaur)... The reason this is such a big accomplishment is because he actually ran! He was holding Mr. Dino up... He just didn't know it!

-Big boy is drinking from a straw now! Mommy packed away all of Avery's bottles and saved them for little sister (or brother, hehe.).

-Avery can tell you where his hair, eyes, teeth, and belly/belly button are :) He is learning how to show you his feet now.

-Amongst his many words the newest are: ball, car, eye, night-night, poop poop, and diaper.

-Avery can make so many sounds... he says: Ah, ah (for a dog bark), buuuuden (for a car or big truck, complete with vibrating lips!), cack cack (translated to quack quack), and his newest sound as of yesterday is sh (while trying to say shoe).

-He is also on the move! Though he's not walking (in his mind) just yet... Avery is learning to climb (mostly out of the bathtub) and he lifts his leg to get out of his crib (so we lowered it!!!) and up onto furniture.

-We are amazed that at bath time Avery has been pointing to the potty and saying "Poop poop" already showing an interest in potty training!

There are so many things each and every day that I could probably share with you until my fingers went numb, but remember, today is for laundry, homework, and cleaning! Haha. Since my wild child is fast asleep for at least the next hour... I'd better get to it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am ready to see my little booger bear!!!!! ...and you and Will too of course. :o)

The Babysitters Love said...

I'm excited! I hope when Aunt April comes home Avery will see his first airplane!!!

ancient one said...

I'm so proud of each new thing... and love that you post videos and pics often. You are a good mama!! Luv ya!