Friday, February 8, 2008

A Good Morning.

Today is a good day. I'm filled with joy. I've missed being away for two days. I did a two day (overnight) trip at work and didn't have computer access. And I noticed that I left my sad puppy (literally) message post up while I was gone. Sorry for that!

The kids and I had a great time while mom and dad were away on business. We really pulled it together in the mornings and got to school in perfect time. Wednesday night we rented "The Game Plan" and the boys LOVED it! Burger King accompanied our miniature blast and as bad as it is for our bodies, it sure did taste good! Will came over and spent time with us on his ONE night off. It tickles me pink when he does that! We had so much fun.

Homework, bath time, and school is a whole new world, but I felt like mini mom. I'm excited about having schedule's different than my own. I'm ready to see my children grow and learn. Mostly I'm ready to see my darling future husband be "daddy." But first I want to be married!!!! Haha. I'm not in a hurry I just look forward to all that our future holds.

The smaller boys and I made a special trip to "the big school" yesterday. (Fiance left his books by accident) By the time we got there (a mere 30 minutes) the boys thought we were "far away." Will was waiting for us at Yum Yum's to grab his books so he could get to class and had parked his truck in a different place. The boys went wild yelling "Hey Whale" and "What you're doing here?" and "What color your school?" while my smallest just waved and grined (he loves his uncle!). When it was time to go we all exchanged goodbyes and Will began to walk across the street. As we backed our car out to turn around and head for home Joshua screamed "NO! You no leave Whale here Ashey! He too far way from his home!" I tried reasoning with the twins (because when one says something the other repeats it, and today was no different) as they demanded I go back and get him, but of course we couldn't. I am now a "bad ashey" because I left Whale "too far away" and "he can't get back his home."
Whale, if you're out there and you're reading this I'm sorry, please call me if you can't find your home!

After the parent's came home yesterday afternoon the boys were slightly confused as to why I was leaving. They told me I could still stay at their home, to which I promised to spend the night another time. I missed my bed at home, and my carpet, and the smell of my house, the warmth of my fur blanket that rests atop my bedspread, and I was happy to curl up earlier than usual and lose myself in a good book. Peacefully, quietly, I fell asleep when I wanted with no disruptions. Homework, bath time, and school is a whole new world, but I'm going to love every minute of it when the time comes!

6 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Cute, cute, cute.... they were worried about Whale! I love it! I can't wait to meet these little guys!

ancient one said...

HaHa... they call him Whale... that is so funny... Thanks for sharing this story..

Little Penpen said...

Yes, you and Whale will definitely have to visit us a lot in our new location!

The Babysitters Love said...

Yes, as hard as they try it always comes out "Whale."

ancient one said...

Someone said Whale taught a school class yesterday...LOL

The Babysitters Love said...

Yes, Whale did! I think he thouroughly enjoyed it!