Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Monday Fun :)


I have just been informed that Monday night is Christian skate night at the rink. So last evening sis and I headed over to get a little excercise and recreation in. We found that not many people show, sadly enough, due to Monday's lable. There were three other people in the rink and they showed up half an hour late. There is a good side to my story however, it is nice to be able to do the chicken dance without seeing people laugh, and I'm eager to practice my circles and get back to where I was at twelve. And if those hopes are too high then I'll settle for a night of stress free fun. You can also get in super cheap on this night, where else can you have two hours of fun for $3.50? I'm looking forward to adding this to my routine as we had such a magnificant time. I don't get to get out and do much but this could be the beginning of a new outlook on Monday's for me. Monday is usually one of those days we all dread (at one time or another). It's either the first day of the week back to school, or work, or taking the kids to their respective places. It's that "Oh it's Monday" feeling you get that garuntees the start of a bad day; the Monday morning assurance that you have a WHOLE week to go before you get a free day to breathe. Skate night is changing my gloomy start-of-the-week attitude and giving me something to look forward to, and I'm excited!

4 comments:

ancient one said...

What fun!! Did you know that your future MIL and her two brothers were once great skaters? You must ask her about it!!

The Babysitters Love said...

Uh oh! You mighthave just gotten her in trouble!!! I'm gonna have to get her out on the floor :)

Little Penpen said...

uh... if you wouldn't be too embarrassed, your future MIL would LOVE to join you one Monday night on the skate floor. hee hee I might break something, but it would be great fun to try again... especially if there aren't many people there. I'm in!!!!!

The Babysitters Love said...

Yay! You should come!