Thursday, February 14, 2008

Where I am From

(This is a reflection of my version of Grandma Ann's Idea)













I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think,

all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read,

and all the friends I want to see.

-John Burroughs











I am from marbles, laundry basket rides, and warm summer days spent dodging the water hose. I am from secret gardens, and big waters. I am from strong white woven hammocks and cool breezes. I am from trampolines, bumble bees, and roaming deer. I am hidden in musty carpeted basements with gadgets galore.







I am from coins and bills, and reasoning. I see things in a different light than I have been taught. I live in novels, poems, and plots. I delight in natural beauty, normal and unusual. I desire love, warmth, and pickled cucumbers. I am from safety, protection, and confusion.






I am from old cars, lawn mowers, spray paint, canadian geese, and Paw Paw. Compassion, determination, organization, and guidance are a few things that define me.











Small, living, breathing, talking, creatures are my passion. I am from long, key bouncing fingers, and soft listening ears. I am from modesty, honesty, and freedom. I have been given attention, admiration, adoration, and appreciation, but none are meaningful without love.





I live, laugh, and I love without reservation. I am not from these. I am from God's hand, alive, promising, free. I am from grace, glory, and honor. I am His child. I am from happiness.

2 comments:

ancient one said...

Ashley, this is beautiful!! I love it!!

Little Penpen said...

Good job! Very well written!