Monday, February 4, 2008

-More Wedding Details-

We've had some big updates to the wedding in the past couple of weeks and I wanted to fill everyone in. After speaking with Momma Penny, Fiancé and I have booked our rehearsal dinner site, and are very excited! We'll have a banquet hall all to ourselves while still having the dine-in service (per fiancé's request).


{A little side note from the bride: I love when fiancé has a preference for wedding details! He has had a lot to do with our planning from day one. I'm glad that he has a part, because it makes it feel less like "my day" and more like ours! That's how I prefer it :) }





The gowns are in! Yes, it's true, all of the "big girls" gowns anyway... My dress came in only a few short days before the bridal store was ringing my phone again to share the good news that the bridesmaid gowns had arrived! A couple of girls have already been to try their dresses on and of course they are beautiful. I'm ecstatic about the other ladies fittings soon! Be forewarned girls, I've gone camera crazy! Will and I are going to have every moment photographed I'm sure.





Just the weekend before last our flower girl and junior bridesmaid were fitted for their dresses and completed their orders. The girls had a spectacular time playing in the gowns that were in stock and modeling in front of the floor to ceiling mirrors in the showroom.





The same day, Will and I walked next door to pick out the tuxedos and match colors. I'm happy to say that we found the perfect shade of yellow to complement our female attendants. He tried the tux on (the top half anyway) and he took my breath away all over again. He's so cute :) We are looking forward to our male attendant fittings at the end of this month!





In the days following my mom went to see my sister try on her dress and stumbled right into the numerous catalogues of mother's gowns. She (and I) fell in love with a gorgeous piece, knowing it would be very difficult to find another one as perfect, and having very little time left for ordering (due to 14 week delivery scheduling), she placed her dress order. Yay!





Rental equipment has been reserved and includes many of the "smaller" but BIG details of our wedding. Candelabras, columns, unity candle stand, server ware, silverware, linens, chairs, and other things (I can't remember it all) are coming from Winston to share in our big day. Everything has been picked out and of course matches PERFECTLY!





I am feeling very blessed to have everything come together so nicely. The next advancement in planning is invitations, and the completion of the aisle runner, which are both in process. Right now, I'm in need of a small break, if only for a night, so I am anticipating Valentine's more than you can believe! I need a Will and Ash night... Soon I can have those every night for the rest of my life!!!

3 comments:

ancient one said...

Everything you have planned sounds wonderful. I'm glad things are coming along so well!!

Little Penpen said...

Can't wait to see it all put together on your wedding day. Sounds pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hahah..reading your blog makes me tired...I don't know how you manage to plan everything with working and all that jazz...lol

I'm going to schedule a day off in the next week or so...so I will call you and let you know when we can go try on my dress.