Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Riley's Boo Boo

We went to visit Riley again on Monday evening and sadly, we found him with a pretty bad hurt leg. His mommy apparently has dragged his little body around by his left hind leg and ripped it open with her sharp teeth.

This made me think about how sometimes parents do things thinking they are helping their children and they are only hurting the situation. She didn't dare mean to hurt Riley, but some things we just can't force can we? Let's all remember that, in every situation, parents to children (and vise versa), friends, and family. Love people for who they are, and try understanding their situation as if it were yours. I'll bet you'll have more compassion on them when you truly put yourself in their shoes.

Anyway, I had to run my rabbit. That said, pray for little Riley's leg. I was sad to leave him. He has been taken inside so that this can't happen again. Husband and I already love him so dearly, but we want to be sure that there will not be future complications as we know it would be very costly.

I know it may seem silly but we love Riley. We really do want you to pray for our sweet puppy!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

There is nothing silly about praying for your new puppy. I pray for my dogs everynight and every morning when I wake, so I will add Riley to my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I love Riley too - and as we all saw...he loves me too. I got all his kisses...I think it was because I smelled like tater tot casserole. hahaha

ancient one said...

I hope his boo boo gets well very soon. I loved April's comment..ha ha

Little Penpen said...

Awww.. poor Riley. I hope he heals nicely and feels better soon. Yes, I know what is like to love your dog!