Wednesday, January 16, 2008

24


Is exactly how many bobby pins I found hiding amongst my hair sprayed curls last night before my shower. TWENTY FOUR. Now I know that number many sound small, but if you only knew the minute amount of locks I had bound, you would better understand. They are life savers though, aren't they? My hair would have never done that on its own!


I have to admit, after yesterday, I've found I'm not as girlie as I thought. It felt so wonderful to wipe away the colored overlay on my skin and remove the paint from my eyes to reveal once more, a possibly dull, but definitely more logical -me- underneath. Once I was able to condition through the hair glue (that's what it feels like after a nine hour stand still) and run my fingers perfectly through my straight saturated hair I felt like I could actually relax and rest my head on something. I do anticipate being that fairy tale princess for one day, but I must admit, I'm glad it's one day, and one day only!

1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

You are funny! I remember how April's hair felt after her "up" do's for the prom. It makes my head itch just thinking about it! Having said that, I LOVE "up" do's and I know yours will be so pretty.... 24 bobby pins and all!