Thursday, January 10, 2008

Just a Call Away.



I was thinking today of how fortunate we are to be able to think about someone and instantly connect to them. I love to receive phone calls. Something about another person calling just for me, makes me feel loved. Every person that takes the time in our busy world to pick up a telephone and dial your number took the time to think of you. In our time connection is becoming faster and faster, yet I believe we are losing communication. We're too busy to talk to friends. Letter writing has become a thing we only see in movies. Who takes time to write out a letter, put it in an envelope, address, and stamp it and walk it out to the mailbox, when all we have to do is send an email? Heaven forbid we walk it to the post office or the box up town like in olden days! Granted, it's not really how you send it, the point here is take some time today to talk to your friends. Take the time to tell them why you love them and why they are important to you. You never know what one special word or even just a "hello" can do for someone. I challenge you today, to call someone, not because you need something, but call because you care. Let them know you are thinking about them, they might just return the favor when you need it most! I love you, my friends!

1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

Very good post! I used to LOVE writing letters and receiving them in the mail. I can remember the anticipation of waiting for a return letter and checking the mailbox everyday to see if it was here yet. I sometimes do the same thing with email, but you are right, it's just not the same.