Friday, January 11, 2008

Sadness from sickness :(


Last night was supposed to be our birthday celebration dinner at my house. My darling other half is sick. He couldn't make it, the poor boy sounds terrible (laryngitis) and I can tell he doesn't feel good at all (we had his favorite meal and he didn't come!)... In all seriousness, I'm beginning to understand what it means to really have another person be so much a part of you that when they hurt, you hurt. If I had the privilege of making my own decisions, I would have thanked everyone in advance, cancelled the "celebration" part and driven his hot dogs and German chocolate cake to his house and just sat with him. I am no longer my own. Not because he stole anything from me, but because my heart, mind, and soul are committed to him. I am very appreciative to my family for my celebration, but it didn't feel right without him. I truly wish I could make him better, and fix his hurting. I can't wave a magic wand, but I can pray. And I ask that you do the same, pray for God to relieve his suffering, and heal him of his sickness so that he can continue his daily routine and start school fresh and new on Monday :) Thanks in advance for your prayers!

3 comments:

Little Penpen said...

That is so sweet!!! I wish you had driven the hotdogs and German Chocolate cake over last night too! :o) He still doesn't have a voice, but I can tell he isn't coughing as much.

ancient one said...

Hey..

Sorry Will is sick! Sorry he missed your party. I will be praying!!

Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Question - Why were you having Will's favorite meal for your birthday?