Saturday, January 5, 2008

Birthday Baby!


Tomorrow is my birthday. Twenty-one years ago I was a baby too. What made me the woman I am today? What is it that I remember most?


Today, I'm remembering my brother. When I was a little girl, he pushed me around in laundry baskets, in my teenage years he was my shoulder to cry on, and when someone hurt me he was the one to worry about! Now he tears up and cradles his arms imitating how he held me when I was a baby. He went from watching me learn to walk, to watching me walk down the aisle.


Today, I'm remembering the small things that made big differences in my life. How that one little push from my dad telling me to read everything I saw caused me to fall in love with reading. I remember friendships that were broken that caused such a pain in my heart, but sent me searching for more and taught me how to lean on God alone. I'm remembering a piano teacher that changed my mind about my abilities, but hasn't changed my heart, and a man that loves me enough to support and push me towards my love for playing. I'm thinking of a sister who will miss having me down the hall in a few months, and the friend I have in her.


Today, I'm remembering just how blessed I am to have twenty-almost-one years of memories that are happy and sad and everything in between. And tomorrow, I'll remember how blessed I was today, to have been able to share them with you!

2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

What a sweet post! You are a very talented writer. And your piano teacher was WRONG... I've heard you play!

ancient one said...

I'm looking forward to hearing you play! You have some wonderful memories and many people that love you!!