Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Baby Love




Call it babysitting, call it child care, call it a job, call it what you want. I call it love. I can't come close to describing the moment in my life when my first little one smiled up from my arms and his sparkling eyes met mine and melted my heart with one word, "Mama."

This was the defining time in my life when I chose to leave behind what I intended to do and ask God, "What is it you'll have me to do?"

He answered and it was scary.

Now, almost six years later, God is showering me in His blessings. He has always been there, and has always blessed. At times I didn't know what it was that God was teaching me. I can look back at things that happened now and I know what He was preparing me for. And here I am, about to be married to a man only God could have known was so perfect for me. I couldn't love a "job" more than the one I have, and I'm even more excited about working from a home that my fiance and I will be buying in three months! I thank God for allowing me the privilege of changing the lives of children I may have otherwise never met, and even more so for allowing Luke, Lexi, Connor, Josh, Jaden, Andrew, and those I have not yet met, to change my life in return.

2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

You have a beautiful blog and I will enjoy checking in to see what you are up to! You may find this addicting too. I am so happy you love children like you do. I love little ones too and look forward to having them in my life again soon.

ancient one said...

This is so sweet!! I just love babies!! I "Babysat" for my grandchildren and also did a short time of it for the public. Children are so precious. Your job is so important. ~Grandma Ann